Raising Jane Journal

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Adventures in Soap Making

The supplies are washed and sit drying on the counter.
The soap sits in a heaping pile in the garbage.

My first adventure in soap making. Lately I have had the itch to get my hands back into the kitchen and creating. One of the things have missed since my illness was the joy of pulling together a pile of ingredients and watching it turn into something amazing. So with a desire that just wouldn't go away I decided to completely change things up and start experimenting with skin care. 
Project number one. Soap! So with a pile of extremely expensive, organic ingredients I set to work at my first batch of soap. I nice calendula infused olive oil soap. Everything was going along so well. Mixing away as it got thicker and thicker. Ready to mold, and then it happened. The one thing I am notorious for, the over stir. The whole pile separated and into the garbage it went. But I am persistent and so I already have plans to try again, with far less expensive ingredients. Hopefully, I will have fresh soap to show in a few days. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your soapmaking didn't work out ... try, try, again!
    Blessings on your adventures,
    Catherine :)

    ReplyDelete