Raising Jane Journal

Friday, January 27, 2012

Meet the Family

I thought it might be time to introduce you to my four legged crew. We are a family of animal lovers, and we have had many come and go through our doors over the years. All though we cannot have "farm" animals where we live it is still nice to have company.
This is Heidi our Doberman and Blazer our Rotwieler/Shepard mix. They are both 5 years old. We have raised Heidi from a baby, but Blazer just came to us in the fall when our old dog passed away and we were worried about Heidi being along. The following week we found that Blazer was looking for a new home. It's been a perfect fit. They are both the biggest babies.
This is Kee-Kee. He is about 15 now. We found him roaming our neighborhood as a baby with no mom. He was named from the children who spent days chasing him. I finally was able to catch him and the name stuck. He is pretty skittish around people but loves most dogs.
Next in line is Oreo. This cutie came to us from my neice. She needed to find a home for her when she got some new pets.

And last but not least, this is Moses. Our newest little baby. My littlest has been with this one since he was two days old. He was the only survivor of his litter. I just couldn't let grandma give him to anybody else. He is now the responsibility of my 8 year old. I think it will be good for her. Most of our original pets were grown when my babies came along. I am a firm believer that all children who can have pets, should have pets. It was nice for them to have the opportunity to have one puppy and now one kitten to raise as there own. Not to mention the joy having animals around brings to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment