Raising Jane Journal

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Finding a new home

A few days ago, I whipped up these very quick and easy friendship sourdough biscuits for breakfast. My sourdough jar has taken to overflowing lately and I was trying to use up some of the starter. These were a huge success. As much as I have tried to contain my very happy starter, it is still in overflow mode in my half gallon canning jar and so today...
It has moved into it's new home. I had picked up the bean crock at a yard sale for a few dollars a while back with the intent to use it for my sourdough starter. I think this will make a perfect roomy new home. As you can see from the picture it is very active. I have been so busy with this guy that I have been neglecting my other starters, so today I took them out and gave them a good feeding. I see major baking projects in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment