Raising Jane Journal

Saturday, January 21, 2012

What a Week

I can't believe it's been a week since I've been here. What a week it has been. The little one spent the first part of the week sick and when I finally got her back to school the older one decide to fall on her elbow. X-rays showed that everything is okay, but she is in so much pain. In other news, I have spent time this week starting a new semester at the local college while finishing up a year long online program. Needless to say it has been absolutely crazy hear.
In between all the activity, I made these. Have you every started out with an idea in your head and come up with something completely off track that you were tempted to just toss it all. Well that was almost happened to these. In an attempt to recreate my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe to sourdough, I ended up with something I wasn't expecting. I debated on tossing it but then decided to wing it and see what would happen. In the end we did a taste test, was it a cookie or a biscuit? It is a hybrid. 6 dozen were gone in two day. Huge success, but probably not worth the hassle of making. It was fun to play around in the kitchen though.
As if there was not enough excitement this week, a also received this package in the mail. My plate is pretty full but this course was just to good to pass up. I am taking the Family Herbalist Course from Vintage Remedies. It has always been an interest of mine to learn more about herbal and natural remedies. I have been working my granny a day through it all and hope to post some more pictures soon. I also received my tea cup from the tea cup exchange today.
This also came today. I have wonderful neighbors. They no longer needed this desk and I was in need of one to build my home office. It will be a perfect fit. All in all, it's been an exhausting but wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment