Raising Jane Journal

Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Very Productive Day

It 's been  a very busy weekend here. My oldest turned 12 this week and so this weekend was filled with 14 girls do what girls that age do and celebrating the last birthday before the teen years set in.  I hid myself away to work on connecting my granny-a-day squares. Here is how it is progressing so far...
Originally I was going to wait and get a good stack of assorted colors going before I started connecting, but I decided to connect as I go instead. I really would like this project to take on a life of it's own and see what the outcome will be.
In other news, I decided it was about time to try out the buttermilk sourdough this morning with some chocolate chip cookies. Again, huge success.
SOURDOUGH OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 cup sourdough
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup oil
1 egg
1 cup oatmeal
1 1/4 cup white spelt flour
1 1/4 cup whole grain spelt flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Mix all ingredients together. Drop by tablespoonful on to parchment paper covered cookie trays. Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes. These make a nice soft cookie. Makes 4 1/2 dozen.
Now my cookie jar is full. Something that has been missing from my kitchen for a while.
I also made up a huge batch of laundry detergent. Something I have been wanting to experiment with for a while. It felt good to be working my arms grating the soap. It reminded me how much we rely on convenience items that not so long ago were not available.
All in all I felt it was a very productive day. I hope your day was just as satisfying.


No comments:

Post a Comment