Raising Jane Journal

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Morning

The presents have been opened and everyone is happy. While everyone is playing with all the new items, I have been playing in the kitchen. My first batch of water kefir was ready this morning, so I made water kefir lemonade and moved the grains over to a new batch of sugar water. I also whipped up a quick batch of peanut butter cookies that I found over at Heather's Prairie. I did use an all natural peanut butter and organic pure cane sugar. I also added 1 cup of allergen free chocolate chips to the mix. The family is loving them and they were so easy to make. In the oven sits the starter for a chocolate sourdough cake, which I will make later this evening. The starter has been fed and a new batch of buttermilk is up and going. Now off to get ready for the day. Wishing you all a very happy holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment