Raising Jane Journal

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Crochet

I use to be an avid crafter. In the last few years I had set it aside for other things. I missed that part of my life. For those of you who are crafters you know that when your not working on a project it feels like something is missing. Well it is time to integrate that part of me back in, and so I have a new project. This is a prayer shawl in the making. An opportunity for me to sit and think of others while a practice a skill that is such a part of me. If you have set aside your crafts, I encourage you to pick them back up in the new year. Even if only for a few minutes a day. The benefits of that time of relaxation is worth it in itself, but you will also have something beautiful to pass on to others. An early start on next years Christmas presents.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I've always wanted to learn how to crochet.

    ReplyDelete